Dirty laundry

金曜日, 7月 08, 2005

Where have all the Wife Biscuits gone?

This is a very belated entry but fault goes entirely to my imbecile internet system. After I came back from a 4-days vacation in Hong Kong, I realised just how popular the Wife Biscuits there are, among my relatives. But unfortunately I only managed to buy back 3 boxes and 1 of them actually contains the smaller versions affectionately called the cutie wives. When my aunt came to my house one day, expecting me to treat her with the biscuits, I had to dig into my luggage and pretend that the wasabi beans, intended as my after-meals snacks, are more 'likeable' and better than the Wife Biscuits. A little unconvinced, my aunt took 2 of the biscuits (there are 6 in each box, and 9 in the cutie one) and so I was left with 19.
I was also supposed to give some to my another aunt but she knew that I didn't buy enough to give to my other relatives. So she kindly said it's alright but I didn't know if I was sincerely wishing her to take some home or that my mouth moved faster than my brain, I asked her "Are you sure? No regrets?" She looked at me and from her eyes, I could see that she thought it would have been rude to reject me, so she took not 2, but 4 of the cutie wives. Left with 15.
Before I left for Hong Kong, my cousin had asked me to help her buy the biscuits so I had to reserve 1 box for her. My uncle had also generously given me $200 for the trip so in return, my grandmother told me to give him some of the biscuits. All in all, I guessed I was left with about 5 by the end of the first week since I was back. I think my brother must have eaten at least 1 of them and my grandfather would have like to find out the difference from those in Singapore. And I admit, 2 were downed by me because I wanted to see if the wasabi beans are indeed better.

3 Comments:

Blogger mimi said...

hahaha at least you gave yours away! I, family included, ate everything save 2 pieces (out of a grand total of 20).

1:50 午後  
Blogger Zh*ling said...

i thot u said u were bloggin abt hk!! why nothing

8:07 午後  
Blogger Ah na said...

haha wife biscuits r fr HK ma..

5:25 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home

  • Google News
  • MY DIY blog