Dirty laundry

金曜日, 9月 23, 2005

Looking for the Right things in Life

Bareheartedly, I told my closed ones that my goal for this year is to find myself a boyfriend. Most of their reactions marked encouragement especially Lynette, who clapped her hands so zealously that she reminded me of a circus seal which had just been rewarded a fish. But my cousin highlighted that this goal seemed to be the same for every year. I don't know exactly what brought about the determination or rather the courage to loudly announce my intentions in man-hunting for the coming few months. Perhaps it was due to the fact that most of my colleagues got married at the age of 23 and seemed to be living quite happily ever after, as yet.
But I really don't mean to settle down so soon. In fact, I don't know what I want most of the time in life. As discussed with Gas on one of those self-reflective evenings, I concluded that life is like an on-going treasure hunt. This analogy may not sound very apt but at least I feel that we are forever looking for the right things in life, be it a careeer, a buddy or a boyfriend. I think that sometimes, even though you have put in your heart in finding, the right things may still never come to you. On the other hand, everything right happens when you are not even searching at all.
Does fate control it all? Or is fate a convenient excuse for sloth or the unwillingness to try searching? One thing for sure though, is that whoever I may end up with in future can be certain that even though I may not be the right one for him, he has someone who is getting prepared to love him wholeheartedly.

2 Comments:

Blogger mimi said...

jia you jia you!! gambatte-nehz!

1:45 午後  
Blogger Zh*ling said...

like guys with small eyes? hee

6:48 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home

  • Google News
  • MY DIY blog