Dirty laundry

木曜日, 3月 17, 2005

The art of giving Names

Not as in giving people bad names. What I mean is the names that you will give your children next time when you have them. My friends, usually the girls all have at one point or another thought up of many pretty names for their daughters after being awed by the beauty of a particular actress in the movie. (I shall not name names here..) And another friend of mine came up with a name for her son after she is convinced of the uniqueness of the name. Well, the source of inspiration comes from a Korean drama.
I trace back to how my name was given in order to learn more about this art of giving names. Turns out it follows a pattern: My mother is called Serene so, I am called Serena. I am resolved to stop this pattern in my generation because no way I am going to call my daughter Serenade, though I hope she can sing better than her tone-deafed mum.
Perhaps it is too early to start thinking of names for our children at this stage of life. However, it can also be important, especially for the girls. Because if I were to marry a man by the family name of Hop, then I will definitely not consider the following names for my daughter and son: Lindy and Hip.

4 Comments:

Blogger mimi said...

i didn't know that's how you got your name!

9:45 午後  
Blogger Zh*ling said...

このコメントはブログの管理者によって削除されました。

10:19 午後  
Blogger Zh*ling said...

nana!! i see u . haha

10:20 午後  
Blogger Zh*ling said...

このコメントはブログの管理者によって削除されました。

10:20 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home

  • Google News
  • MY DIY blog