Dirty laundry

火曜日, 3月 15, 2005

Life Is Far From Equal

That's right. Life with the double 'F'. I do not mean it to be a vulgar vulgarity but I guess it serves that purpose just as well. Life Is Far From Equal. For instance on the bus home just now, I was forced to stand beside a woman who was sorta occupying two seats as she was sitting at the outer side of a two-seater. Later on another girl came on the bus. Now note my reaction as I replay it on slow motion: While I was stuggling to stand still beside the woman, my eyeballs being the only part of my body capable of violent random actions without jeopardising my balance, followed her as she shifted in to her right to allow seat to the girl. Are they related? was my first response. When I realised that they are not, the benefit of the doubt soon turned into the blazing of my anger.
Now that the anger has subsided, I am more and more convinced of how the unfairness in the world can ignite wars, quarrels or even the tiny fire in all of us. I am not trying to be a communist sympathiser here but the reality sometimes does hit hard.
Or is it because as we grow older, we are transforming from the strawberry mashmellow to the liquor-filled chocolate? Initially, we were soft outside and sweet inside. Now, we are just bitter outside and more bitter inside. Are we becoming more cynical of the world as we get more exposed to people like Mr Willy Wonker and his chocolate factory? Or is it because we just love to complain about this universally known but physically invisible thing called Life?
Well, I guess it is all a combination of everything. Especially so for someone like me. A Roche who always seems to get on the bad side of Life. Hard yet vulnerable on the inside and ugly on the outside....

  • Google News
  • MY DIY blog